Do you travel for business? Perhaps you’re retired and have the time to enjoy all those places around the world you hadn’t seen, taking flights and cruises every other month? Or maybe you’re just planning a trip to see the family this holiday season, or a big family reunion next summer?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, you’ll be happy to know that your favorite local insurance agency is now offering comprehensive travel medical insurance policies. You might ask yourself why this would be necessary, but consider these facts:
- 743 U.S. citizens abroad were killed due to vehicle crashes between 2009 and 2011 [source]
- U.S. citizens abroad are 10 times more likely to die as the result of an injury than from an infectious disease [source]
- 12 percent of the deaths of U.S. citizens abroad between 2009 and 2011 were from drowning [source]
- 120 Americans died as a result of the January 12, 2010, Haiti earthquake [source]
- An estimated 83 Americans abroad were killed in aircraft crashes. Air travel with the most risk includes unscheduled flights, small aircraft, night flights, flights in bad weather and with inexperienced pilots [source]
- Homicide is the second leading cause of U.S. citizens’ death abroad [source]
Now, we’re certainly not saying that you shouldn’t travel. Most countries are perfectly safe to visit and you won’t have any problems at all. But if you work with a company in Mexico and travel there often for business, be aware that most of those car crash fatalities were in Mexico. And a car accident in another country can be even more costly than it is here in the United States—mainly because your insurance is not likely to cover it!
Insurance is there to cover those unexpected illnesses, injuries, accidents and natural disasters that happen in life. Thought you planned your honeymoon after the Caribbean’s hurricane season but got injured trying to get back to your hotel during a storm? Broke a crown on a cardamom seed during your three-week backpacking trip through India? The military stage a coup during your stopover in the Middle East? Fell down a ravine while hiking in the Swiss Alps? Travel insurance can cover those expenses.
Call one of our experienced agents at BMR Insurance Agency to find out how our travel insurance can help you protect yourself and your family on your next trip for just dollars a day. It’s not expensive to head off a potentially detrimental financial burden! Call us on (714) 838-1911 or just stop by our convenient Tustin location right on Newport Avenue.