We all know that there’s ways to entertain ourselves in our fair county of Orange without shelling out any cash—the beach, parks, hiking trails and cycling trails. But there’s much more to our area than that! So the next time the kids complain that they’re bored, or you can’t be bothered to pack the car and go to the beach, have a look at our handy guide and get going—for free!
- Laguna Beach First Thursdays ArtWalk: Who doesn’t love going to Laguna Beach? Let’s face it, it’s one of the area’s most beautiful spots—a stunning beach surrounded by green hills and filled with lovely boutiques and exciting restaurants. And don’t forget the art galleries! Wander through Laguna Beach on their ArtWalk, held every first Thursday of the month, rain or shine, and load up on free wine and snacks as you peruse paintings, sculpture, photography and other artwork from local, national and international artists.
- Huntington Beach’s Surf City Nights: Each Tuesday in Huntington Beach, you can enjoy a street fair and peruse the wares at the many stalls of the farmer’s market. This weekly event includes original artwork, ceramics, clothing and gifts as well as live music, magicians, balloon artists and face painting for the kids. There’s even food vendors in case all the excitement makes you hungry! Tuesday nights from 5-9 p.m.
- Buena Park’s Victorian History: Monday through Friday you can step back in time by visiting the historical homes of Buena Park. The Whitaker-Jaynes House (1887), the Tice House and the Bacon House (1884) can be viewed on your own, or you can make an appointment to be taken through by a docent. 1-800-541-3953
- Irvine Museum: Immerse yourself in paintings of the Orange County landscape through history at the Irvine Museum, tucked away on Von Karmann just around the corner from John Wayne Airport. And you can do it for free every second Wednesday of the month, from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Santa Ana Artists Village Open House: Every first Saturday of the month, join other art-lovers and walk through more than 150 artists’ studios located in historical buildings in the heart of downtown Santa Ana. Talk to the artists and view the city’s new urban setting that features the artists’ lofts.
- ExplorOcean: On Newport Beach’s Balboa Peninsula, visit the ExplorOcean on Science Saturdays to get to know the ocean and learn to think like a marine biologist! Noon–3 p.m. 949-675-8915
So what are you waiting for? Get out and discover new things about Orange County that you never knew existed! BMR Insurance Agency is proud to be a part of the Orange County business community, and a part of the residential community, for over 30 years. We love our local city of Tustin, and all of our customers from every corner of Orange County. We’re here when you need us! Just call (714) 838-1911 or stop on by!