It’s now Autumn! Labor Day is a distant memory and we have enthusiastically arrived in October. The days are getting shorter and weather a little cooler and we are anxiously awaiting sweater-weather.
So what are we cooking? Everything pumpkin naturally. What are 5 things we can’t wait to make?
1. The Cheesiest, Most Savory Pumpkin-Y Baked Pasta. Pasta Al Forno with Pumpkin and Pancetta. It’s the best possible combination of pumpkin, pancetta and five types of cheese. Check this out.
2. Introducing the Classic Apple Galette. It’s warm, it’s flaky and the baked apples are heartwarming. Get ready for perfection.
3. Chocolate + Pumpkin = Pumpkin Brownies (plus, the secret ingredient – a dash of espresso powder). The addition of pumpkin makes them richer and more savory. Get ready to bake.
4. Apple Cider and Cardamom Roasted Pears – This is quick delicious and full of fall flavor. Include a little maple syrup and some vanilla yogurt if you like. Visit.
5. Savory pork sausage meets tart apples and sharp Cheddar cheese in the Sausage and Apple Pie to Die For. Words to describe: hearty, comforting, savory. Visit.
And what should we drink with these savory foods – every try pumpkin beer?
Here are some breweries that lean on the caramel flavors to make the pairing work.
- Schlafly Pumpkin Ale from St. Louis Brewery
- Jolly Pumpkin’s La Parcela
- Sam Adam’s Fat Jack Double Pumpkin
- New Holland’s Ichabod Ale