This week began with the loss of an hour in “spring forward”, and will end with St. Patrick’s day. So it’s not all bad!! Don’t forget to wear your green, or suffer the pinches.
And, of course, what would St. Patrick’s Day be without the traditional Irish fare, and indulgence in the best brews local Irish pubs have to offer? This Thursday make your way to one of these well-known O.C. Irish pubs to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day in Orange County with traditional music, food, and beer.
- Branagan’s Irish Pub. Offering everything from green pancake breakfasts to a blessing from a Catholic priest, along with 29 beers on tap. 213 N. Harbor Blvd., Fullerton. Branagans.com
- Dublin 4 Gastropub. Try their corned beef– cured in-house. 26342 Oso Parkway, Suite 102, Mission Viejo. Wineworks for Everyone
- Gallagher’s Pub & Grill. Green beer or $5 Guinness, anyone? 300 Pacific Coast Highway, Suite 113, Huntington Beach. Gallaghers Pub.
- The Harp Inn. Bringing you two first-rate bands. 130 E. 17th St., Costa Mesa. harpinn.com.
- Macallans Public House. A classy culinary and musical affair, extending into the neighboring Sky Lounge for a DJ covered evening party. Macallans Public House.
- Muldoon’s Irish Pub. Open from 9am to 1am, offering an extensive menu and two bands. 202 Newport Center Drive, Newport Beach. Muldoon’s Irish Pub.
- O’Malley’s on Main. Ready to serve you the best glass of Guinness. 140 Main St., Seal Beach. O’Malley’s on Main.
- The Shamrock Bar & Grill. Get your corned beef and cabbage, Irish coffee, beers, and ciders at this local establishment of 25 years. 2633 W. Coast Highway, Newport Beach.
Ring in spring with music, food, culture, and the best Irish beer in the O.C. But remember to keep yourself and others safe: use Uber, Lyft, or some sort of taxi service after the celebrations are over. BMR Insurance wishes you a happy St. Patrick’s Day!
Copyright: _fla / 123RF Stock Photo